restoring balance to the planetary biosphere while empowering humankind to reclaim its rightful place as conscious stewards of earth
Nested in the NewEarth University School of Socio-Economics & Ecology is the discipline of Ecology & Regeneration (known simply as E & R). E & R faculty and associate fellows are women and men devoted to seminal research and development to facilitate a planetary ecological renaissance by supporting humankind in rediscovering its connection with nature.
Accordingly, all work together harmoniously to conduct research and development in principles and practices which support us in this transformational journey – to once again walk on the earth with full health, justness, and wisdom as conscious co-creators and peaceful bringers of a new and enlightened society. Specifically E & R members:
- Conduct R & D in full-spectrum principles and practices in organic, sustainable-living including: global change ecology, ecosystems functioning and stability, species interactions and biodiversity, Permaculture, Agroforestry, high performance ecologic, bio-dynamic and aquaponic systems for agriculture, mycology, composting techniques, use of beneficial micro-organisms to regenerate the soil’s life and purify the waters, efficient and creative systems to recycle gray waters and all kinds of materials, compost toilets and others.
- Provide consultancy and design-planning services for New Earth projects and initiatives which seek to protect, preserve, and regenerate the planetary biosphere.
- Do site impact assessments and analyses of proposed development projects.
- Support initiatives that endeavor to increase the presence of Nature and food gardens within the heart and surrounding urban environments, promoting participation of neighborhood projects.
- Support the reintroduction of appropriate ancestral/shamanic practices and medicines, determined to facilitate an expansion of consciousness and our re-alignment with the Laws of Nature.
- Having already met an objective to help ignite the Arks of Fire Initiative, now enacted in NE Communities, our distinguished fellows, faculty, and staff continue to support this fiery Revolution for Global Regeneration.
- Develop a Toolkit—including curricula of courses—to support NewEarth Communities in applying ecological and restorative practices in their lives and communities.
- Develop a scientific-sound framework for ecosystem’s restoration, aimed at increasing biological diversity and ecosystem resilience.
- Research the best resources, including establishment of world seed banks and database, to embed in the NEU Library.
- Research and report on Homa-Farming’s potential to improve environmental conditions in anthropogenic and natural landscapes mainly aimed at organic, biologic and biodynamic, food and fiber production (e.g. permaculture, organic farming).