Listen to this free hemi-sync guided meditation from The Monroe Institute (30 mins, soothing female voice). We are grateful to TMI for sharing this relaxing resource.
How to Listen to many OTHER free audio files including founder, Bob Monroe’s voice (follow prompts, create an account and download) at The Monroe Institute website (www.monroeinstitute.org):
- For at least one half hour prior to listening to this exercise, refrain from eating heavily, drinking alcohol, or using drugs.
- Go to the bathroom and empty your bladder.
- Loosen any tight clothing and remove shoes, eyeglasses, and contact lenses.
- Adjust the volume to a low comfortable level. It is only important that you hear the words; your brain will automatically respond to the background sound.
- Use stereo headphones.
- Listen in a room with low light where there will be no interruptions for the duration of the exercise.
- Have a blanket available.
- Lie down or sit in a comfortable position. Keep your head supported.
- If you have an itch, scratch. You will be able to easily return to your pattern of relaxation.
- Visualize yourself doing what the words state.
- It is not important that you stay awake. The exercise will be equally effective if you fall asleep while listening.
- This exercise will alter your state of consciousness. Therefore, do not listen while driving or operating heavy equipment.
- Do not listen to this exercise if you have a history or tendency toward seizures.
- Do not use with other light and sound devices.