* Please Note: This Course has ended *
There are similar courses in Bali, Indonesia:
NewEarth Special Project:
Earth-ship Construction Course in Australia – March 18, 2017
be part of a unique hands-on earth-ship community construction course
This will be a three-week course, Live-in Retreat that will cover the Fundamentals of Earth-Ship Construction. There will be daily Organic Food and Lectures included on the topics of Permaculture and Natural Farming, plus Local and Indigenous Cultural lore.
This intensive course will be conducted by leaders in Earth-Ship Building in Australia and you will be provided with the latest knowledge and research findings of Sustainable Building. As an added bonus you will learn the principles of Natural Gardening and Farming with many hands-on demonstrations in the camp kitchen preparing organic food.
course & costs
* NOTE: This workshop is FREE to NEW EARTH NATION MEMBERS who have signed THE NEW EARTH NATION TREATY
A charge for food and accommodation will be kept at a minimum, at around $250 per week.
For Non-members the fee is $1650.00 for 3 weeks (Food and Accommodation inclusive).
Non-refundable deposits are required: $400 for 3 weeks, balance payable at the start of the course.
- A 3week long Earth-Ship Construction Course
• Theoretical knowledge via talks / lectures
• Practical hands on building experience
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Access to the chef for inspirational tips in organic food preparation.
• All camping amenities
• Swimming, Tennis
• Course Participation Certificate
* You will have to bring your own camping gear, please read under preparations below…
You will learn:
- What it feels like to be a part of a community workshop
• Detailed knowledge about Earth-Ship construction, design, and timeframes, tools, etc.
• How to pound tires and build tire walls
• How to build can & bottle walls
• What to consider when building any self-sustainable buildings.
event hosts & time-frame
New Earth University’s School of Socio-Economics & Ecology Advisor in the discipline of Ecology and Regeneration, Kevin Gaia, will lead a collaborative family of like-minds that are passionate about Sustainability and Earthcare.
A Beautiful 1.5 acre retreat space in Mac Masters Beach, Central Coast, SW which is 1.5 hrs. drive from Sydney, heading North.
how to get there
From Sydney – train to Gosford TRAIN STATION Central Coast and we will pick you up from the train station
Driving – 973 Scenic Hwy Mc Masters Bch, NSW AUSTRALIA; detailed travel information about how to get to the site will be sent once you sign-up
We will build, work, and hold talks/lectures 5 days per week. A detailed schedule will be sent to you once you sign-up
THE COURSE STARTS ON THE 18TH MARCH 2017
team & course instructors
Kevin Gaia, Danielle Wolf, Martin Feney, Ian Sutton, Damo, Ben, and a host of other special guests
(thank you for visiting NE University – this course has ended)